Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
December 15, 2015
Protoverb is an experimental reverb based on the idea of a “room simulator’. Most algorithmic reverbs try to avoid resonances or model the reflections of sound from a rooms walls. Protoverb does the opposite. It builds up as many room resonances as possible, modeling the body of air in the room. It therefore does not need to modulate or colour the signal. The result is a very natural sounding reverbration with some interesting features: Long standing frequencies resonate louder, as if the air takes some time to get excited. Multiple instruments don’t mash into a diffuse mud, they stay distinct. If you play a short melody, the room seems to repeat a ghost echo of that melody. Those properties are indeed found in churches and large halls, but they’re rarely found in conventional algorithmic reverbs.
Diva is NKS-ready
December 11, 2015
We are excited to release v1.4.1 of Diva which adds compatibility for Native Instruments’ new Native Kontrol Standard (NKS). The NKS format allows Diva to be integrated with Maschine and Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards.
For this update we:
- tagged and categorised all of Diva’s factory patches. Now all of Diva’s patches are available while browsing in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, and you can easily save your own patches in NKS format from within Diva.
- defined custom control knob mappings for Diva’s entire factory patch library. With Maschine and S-Series keyboards, each patch loads a custom performance page with the most important parameters immediately available. And if you need more control, each Diva module has its own page where more parameters are accessible. Adjust the oscillators, filter, envelopes and effects. No setup required.
The integration between Diva and Maschine or Komplete Kontrol S-Series keyboards means you can easily find what you need and focus on making music.
This is a free update for Diva owners and can be installed over existing versions.
Read more about the NKS format at the Native Instruments website .
A lot of updates
October 8, 2015
Today we are rolling out updates for almost all of our plugins… even the free ones like Podolski. These updates are the result of a summer long effort of collecting, prioritising, filtering, implementing and refining a slew of outstanding bugs and feature requests. The end result is a long list of improvements and bug fixes. Briefly, the updates are:
- UI improvements :
- All plugin UIs now have 10% scaling, from 70% to 200%.
- The ACE UI is now clearer and has new modulation sources.
- Diva UI was also improved for increased clarity.
- The Zebra2 Unempty Dark Horse skin is now complete.
- And finally, a number of small graphics issues in various plugins are fixed.
- Configuration menu : Bazille, Zebra2, Hive, Diva, ACE and Podolski now have a configuration menu (look for the cogwheel icon). This menu houses:
- MIDI learn: a visual overlay for assigning MIDI controls to the plugin interface.
- MIDI list table: editable list of assigned MIDI controls.
- Preferences: global settings for controls, appearance and audio.
- Host/DAW issues :
- The “Missing UI” in Logic and Studio One is fixed.
- A number of small issues were fixed in Logic X, Studio One, Cubase, Reaper, Digital Performer, ProTools, Maschine and Kore.
- Everything else: These updates include a heap of general improvements: fixed hanging and dropped notes, improved MIDI timing, new FX parameters and much more.
Download the updates (for both Mac OS X and Windows) on each individual plugin page or download all of them on our downloads page.
- Zebra2 2.7.2 (Zebralette and Zebrify updated as well)
- Diva 1.4
- Bazille 1.1
- Hive 1.1
- ACE 1.4
- Uhbik 1.3.1
- Filterscape 1.4.1
- MFM2 2.2.1
- Podolski 1.2.1
- TripleCheese 1.2.1
All updates are free for current owners of the products and can be installed over the existing versions.
The Dark Zebra contains an updated ZebraHZ 2.7.2 as well and is available from your support account (please create one if necessary)
A few more updates are on the way: Satin, Presswerk and TyrellN6 all need a little extra time to make them ready for release. Also, the Linux versions will be updated with the latest improvements. Stay tuned.
Beatzille: little monster
Wednesday, 26 August 2015
Beatzille is a compact version of our monster modular synthesizer Bazille. Although the “little” brother with a condensed feature set, Beatzille remains a very capable and engaging synth. With the same digital oscillators and analogue-style filter plus the flexibility of modular patching, there’s plenty to keep you busy, before you think about moving to Bazille.
Beatzille was commissioned by German music tech magazine Beat especially for their readers i.e. it is only available on Beat magazine’s own cover DVDs, not from u-he or any of our resellers. Check out: Beat magazine
Release candidates (rev 3890) in public beta
August 20, 2015
We have updates coming soon for 12 of our plugins, all containing numerous bug fixes and improvements. You can download the Release Candidates now to help us test them before final release.
- UI updates and fixes
- Configuration / MIDI Learn page for most products
- Fixed Apple Logic X / Studio One—‘Missing GUI Bug’ on Mac OS X
- Plus many other bugfixes & improvements
For more details, downloads and feedback: visit our KVR forum .
June 1, 2015
Hive 1.0 is now available for Windows and Mac OS X (VST2, AU and AAX formats, 32 & 64-bit). What started off as a bit of weekend fun exploring supersaws gradually became a full-blown project we’re now excited to show to the world.
The idea was to create a fast and fluid synthesizer with a streamlined UI so you can get tweaking in no time at all. Hive is surprisingly light on CPU so you can run multiple instances without running into trouble. Plus, we packed Hive with enough creative options and features to deliver truly stunning sounds, whatever your style of music.
You can see more details and listen to demos on the Hive product page.
* plus applicable taxes.
Presswerk 1.1 out
Wednesday, 29 April 2015
Presswerk 1.1 is now available as a free update for Mac OS X and Windows. With Presswerk version 1.1 we added six new UI views—dedicated, streamlined versions of the interface to help you focus on a specific task and speed up your workflow. The six views are:
- Drum compressor
- Vocal compressor
- M/S program compressor
- Easy compressor
- Bus compressor
Presswerk 1.1 also introduces a preferences window where global options can be stored, and a MIDI learn screen to simplify MIDI mapping. Finally, we fixed a few small bugs.
To update Presswerk to version 1.1, simply download and install over your existing version.
Musikmesse 2015 pictures
April 21, 2015
We put together a few photos and a short time lapse movie to share a little bit of our time at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. It was great to meet everyone in person, catch up with old friends and talk about synths, effects, music and everything else.
April 10, 2015
Once again, u-he is heading to Frankfurt for MusikMesse. This year the entire office will be packing up the van and showing off our wares. We look forward to seeing everybody there, so why not come on over to Hall 5.1, stand B82 and say “hi”.
We will be out of the office from Monday April 13 until Monday April 20. During this week customer service and email support will be extremely limited and slower than normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 2015 updates
Tuesday, 21 April 2015
We have compiled a quick update for ACE, Bazille and Zebra2.
Most of it is fixes for little bugs and niggles, but there are a couple of new features added. Zebra and ACE now feature 10% GUI scaling. GUI now has multichannel MIDI. All work in Pro Tools 12 and the Undo function works after switching presets. The “Missing GUI” fix for Zebra is now in the official download.
We have also moved all our current release versions into a handy releases directory.
Just download these new versions and install them over your existing ones.
A comprehensive change log can be found in our support forum .
January 28, 2015
Recent updates to Logic Pro X, Mainstage and GarageBand may be causing some u-he plugins to exhibit a ‘missing GUI’ error—the plugin will load but the GUI is not visible.
We have created updates to our plugins, and our testing shows these versions correct the problem. To apply the fix, please download and install these latest versions over your existing installation.
Note: Owners of ZebraHZ need to download the latest build via their u-he.com account.